Sibpur S.S.P.S. Vidyalaya is one of the oldest boys' school in Howrah, India. Sibpur S.S.P.S. Vidyalaya is the acronym of Sibpur Srimat Swami Projnanananda Saraswati Vidyalaya (Bengali: শিবপুর শ্রীমৎ স্বামী প্রজ্ঞানানন্দ সরস্বতী বিদ্যালয়), teaching students from grades five to twelve affliated under the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. This Higher Secondary School building was named after famous revolutionist monk Swami Projnanananda. It was established in the year 1950 by Shri Yogesh Chandra Mukhopadhyay, one of the disciples of Swami Projnanananda. The school in situated in 78/8 College Road, near the landmark Shibpur Botanical Garden in Howrah.
For more information log on to wikipedia
This institution was established in the year 1950 soon after the independence of India. At first the school was at Haru Mistri Lane, Howrah, India, beside the Shalimar railways. In the year 1953 the school switched to its present address. The present building was built in 1952. Shri Yogesh Chandra Mukhopadhyay(Bengali: শ্রী যোগেশচন্দ্র মুখোপাধ্যায়), the founder of the school, contributed his personal land for the school building purpose. He was elected the first Secretary of the Managing Committee of the school. In 1954 the school was recognized by the Government. In the beginning days the schools provided education up to grade VI. In 1955, the school introduced herself as a Secondary School stretching to grade X. Higher Secondary section was included later in 1962 and in 1977 this institution received permission for Higher Secondary Examination.